Skin tags are not just a harmless, cosmetic inconvenience–they’re also an indication that you may be susceptible to skin cancer. Fortunately, there are ways how to get rid of skin tags with essential oils.
What are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are harmless skin growths that can be removed using essential oils. They are usually red, black, or brown in color and can grow anywhere on the body, including the neck, armpits, and groin. Skin tags can be a nuisance because they may itch or bleed when touched.
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags Using Essential Oils:
- First, identify where the skin tag is located. You can do this by feeling for the growth or by looking at a picture of the area. If you cannot find the tag yourself, ask a family member or friend to help you find it.
- Next, mix two drops of an oil blend containing lemon, lavender, and tea tree oil together in a small bowl. Apply this mixture to the skin tag directly using a cotton ball or tip.
- Leave the oil mixture on for up to fifteen minutes before washing it off with warm water. Be sure to use a gentle soap so that the oil doesn’t damage your skin further. Repeat this process as needed until the skin tag is gone.
What Causes Skin Tags?
Skin tags are benign skin growths that are caused by numerous factors. They can develop anywhere on the body, but they are most commonly found on the neck, armpits, and groin.
There is no one definitive cause for skin tags, but they may be associated with:
- Inadequate hygiene
- Certain skin conditions
- Sun exposure
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy
The most common essential oil used to get rid of skin tags is lavender. Other essential oils that have been reported to be effective include tea tree oil, thyme oil, and clary sage oil. Diluting the oil before applying it to the affected area is also recommended.
How To Get Rid Of Skin Tags Using Essential Oils!
Looking to get rid of skin tags using essential oils? Here are four methods that you can try!
Method 1: Apply Heat
One method to remove skin tags using essential oils is to apply heat. To do this, you’ll need a hot water bottle or bowl and some cotton balls. Fill the hot water bottle or bowl with hot water and place it on top of the skin tag. Place a few cotton balls on top of the hot water bottle or bowl and wait until the tag softens and pops off.
Apply heat to skin tags twice a day for two to three days, then repeat the process with a new set of cotton balls. Be careful not to burn yourself; use moderate heat only.
Method 2: Use Essential Oils Diffuser Blends
Another way to remove skin tags using essential oils is by using diffuser blends. To do this, add a few drops of an essential oil blend to a diffuser and turn it on. The scent of the oil will help to stimulate the body’s natural defenses against skin tags. Leave the diffuser on for five to ten minutes, then remove the tag. Repeat this process twice a day for two to three days.
Tips and Tricks for a Successful Skin Tag Removal
If you’re reading this, it’s likely that you have skin tags. They may be small, red, and tender, but they can be annoying nonetheless. If you want to rid yourself of them, here are a few tips for you:
- Try using a natural skin tag removal method first. This will help to soften the tag and make it easier to remove. Some methods include baking soda or vinegar baths, topical applications of essential oils such as lavender oil, tea tree oil, or lemon oil, and using a dermabrasion tool. You can also use a hair removal cream specifically designed for skin tags, but be sure to read the instructions carefully before applying it.
- If you still find that your skin tag is proving to be a stubborn foe, consider surgery as your final resort. A dermatologist can remove the tag with a scalpel and cautery device. Be sure to tell your doctor if you have any allergies to any of the common ingredients used in skin tag removal procedures (baking soda, alcohol, etc.).
- Finally, keep in mind that skin tags may reappear after they have been removed through skin tag removal surgery. You can prevent this from happening by making sure to check your body at least twice a year, especially if you’re swimming in the ocean or in a pool.
The Positives of Essential Oils on Skin
Skin tags are benign growths on the skin that can be removed using a variety of methods. While there is no single approach that works for everyone, using essential oils can be an effective strategy for removing skin tags. Here are four reasons why essential oils can be a helpful tool for removing skin tags:
- Essential oils are natural and safe remedies that can help reduce inflammation and irritation. This makes them ideal choices for treating skin tags because they are gentle and won’t cause any side effects.
- Many essential oils have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce the swelling and pain associated with skin tags.
- Some essential oils can also help kill the bacteria that is responsible for causing skin tags to develop in the first place.
- Lastly, many people find that applying essential oils directly to their skin helps to speed up the process of removing skin tags.
Skin tags are a nuisance, and they can be really tough to get rid of. However, with the help of some essential oils, you can make treating them as painless as possible. Here is a list of seven essential oils that have been shown to be effective in getting rid of skin tags: lavender oil, tea tree oil, clove oil, thyme oil, peppermint oil, oregano oil, and basil oil. Add these oils to your Diffuser or use them directly on the tag itself — let them do their job!